The following Terms and Conditions of the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences Numeracy Test have been written to ensure that applicants are considered fairly and consistently. The Terms and Conditions of the scheme, as outlined in this document, are final. The Terms and Conditions will be reviewed on an annual basis; the Terms and Conditions will not be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, on any ground of mitigation.
This test has been devised to allow applicants that have applied to the University of Plymouth and that hold a conditional offer for particular Faculty of Health and Human Sciences programmes, the opportunity to demonstrate they can achieve the required numerical ability to enter onto their chosen programme. Applicants that are eligible for this test are those applying to the following programmes at the University of Plymouth (see below) and who have not yet achieved a grade C/4 in their Mathematics GCSE. The content of the test includes numeracy such as fractions, decimals and division and will not require the use of additional mathematical equipment other than a calculator.
School of Nursing and Midwifery:
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child Health)
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- MNurs (Hons) Nursing (Adult Health and Child Health)
- MNurs (Hons) Nursing (Adult Health and Mental Health)
- MNurs (Hons) Nursing (Child Health and Mental Health)
- MSc Pre-registration Nursing (Adult Health)
- MSc Pre-registration Nursing (Child Health)
- MSc Pre-registration Nursing (Mental Health)