Sustaining a thriving research and teaching environment for the brightest and best in healthcare and pioneering medicine
Roger Harris, CBE, was a well-respected and much-loved businessman in Plymouth. Sadly, he was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2017 and lost his battle with cancer in October of that year.
In his memory, The Roger Harris Fund has been established by the Peninsula Medical Foundation and the University of Plymouth to raise £274,000, the amount needed to fund 100 days of cancer research in Plymouth. This will help Professor Oliver Hanemann and his team to carryout world-leading research to develop treatments and, ultimately, a cure for brain tumours.
Your support for the future
“The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry are fantastic, providing support for the health services of Devon and Cornwall now, and preparing to conquer new peaks of achievement through their exceptional research in the future.
They really do deserve your support, through the Peninsula Medical Foundation, for their work; we all may benefit from it in years to come.”
Colonel Edward Bolitho OBE, Lord-Lieutenant of Cornwall
Press office news
- Denis makes it home – successful charity cycle for life-saving medical research 26 September 2018
- Denis rides again – charity cycle for life-saving medical research 22 August 2018
- Neural stem cell placement for student 16 June 2017
- Innovate UK funds new kind of vaccine to target deadly pathogens emerging from animals 18 April 2017
- Funding for student oral cancer project 11 April 2017
Peninsula Medical Foundation is a Registered Charity No.1060423.