We are part of our community
The University of Plymouth is a proud civic university; we are involved in and work with our local community. This is most evident in our equality, diversity and inclusion activities with a range of local community groups, educational groups and research centres both in the University and in the wider Plymouth area focusing on how to best support our diverse community.
Our work here is new and exciting; we are constantly working on new ways to support marginalised and oft-discriminated against communities in the South West. This page contains information on our existing community partnerships but we are always looking for new ways to better engage with our community so please get in touch to let us know how we can help you.
What we offer
The University of Plymouth has a huge range of facilities, expert speakers and sources of advice open to the local community. Our equality, diversity and inclusion work within the local community is an exciting new opportunity for us to better work with Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
- Free room hire - if you are a non-profit community group and need a space for meetings, workshops or support groups then use one of our spaces free of charge.
- Staff Networks - we have a range of staff networks open to connecting with other local communities and workplace networks to improve the experiences of marginalized and disadvantaged groups.
- Experts Directory - use our experts directory to find a speaker for your event or to get some advice on a project.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team - contact our team if you have an idea for a partnership between the local community and the University.
- Biblical Hebrew Classes 9 December 2019 18:00 - 19:30
- Mood Boost 10 December 2019 10:00 - 11:30
- Languages Café 11 December 2019 13:00 - 14:00
- Global Buddies 11 December 2019 16:00 - 17:30
- Look After Your Mate 6 February 2020 10:00 - 13:00
- Girls into Geoscience 6 July 2020
Plymouth: a civic university
Universities are so much more than degree-awarding seats of learning. They are drivers for economic innovation and advancement, catalysts for social change and champions of cultural development.
Our socio-economic impact from the City of Plymouth to a global scalePlymouth: a civic university
University of Plymouth Showcase: Over 150 years of excellence
It is my pleasure to introduce this publication, which captures a snapshot of the many exciting and internationally leading activities that contribute to the University of Plymouth’s continued success and international reputation.
Professor Judith Petts, CBE, Vice-ChancellorShowcase: Over 150 years of excellence (PDF)