About the course
The training and certification is in accordance with the learning objectives set out in Section A-VI/5 of the amended STCW Code and MNTB Guidelines, including:
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan.
- Assess security risk, threats and vulnerability.
- Undertake regular inspections of the ship to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated.
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) STCW A-VI/5 Ship Security Officer (SSO).
Three days - £750 +VAT
In-house training options also available, please call us for more information.
This qualification must be undertaken over a minimum of 3 days.
- 12-14 June 2018
- 10-12 July 2018
Approved seagoing service of not less than 12 months or
At the discretion of the MCA-appropriate sea service (minimum three months) and knowledge of ships operations to enable them to achieve the objectives of the training.
An end of course exam will assess students.
Delivered on the University of Plymouth main campus.