Make sure you meet the entry requirements for this programme.
Before you apply
Make sure you have all your supporting documents. Documents required usually include:
- Evidence of qualifications (degree certificates or transcripts), with translations if not in English, to show that you meet, or expect to meet the entry requirements
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if English is not your first language
- Personal statement of approximately 250-400 words about the reasons for your interest in this course and outlining the nature of previous and current teaching experience. You can write this into the online application form, or send it as a separate attachment.
- Two academic/professional references, confirming your suitability for the course
- Two passport photographs
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé, including details of relevant professional/voluntary experience, professional registration/s and visa status for overseas workers
- Proof of sponsorship, if applicable
When to apply
Applications for postgraduate programmes of study can usually be
made throughout the year. When applying for a taught postgraduate programme,
please check for any submission deadlines with the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Admissions team (contact details
below). For full-time programmes, you may be invited for interview.
Check the closing date and apply as early as possible as our
programmes are popular.
Apply for this course
Apply for postgraduate study using our online postgraduate application form.
Alternatively you can download a copy of the application form to be submitted by hand, by post or via email with accompanying attachments.
Additional guidance information can also be downloaded on how to fill in the postgraduate application form.
More information and advice for applicants can be referenced in our online admissions policy for taught programmes. Prospective students are advised to read the policy before making an application to the University.
What happens after I apply?
For more information contact the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Admissions team.
If you would like to speak to one of our course information advisors, please contact us:
University of Plymouth
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
The John Bull Building
Plymouth Science Park
Tel: +44 (0)1752 437333
Fax: +44 (0)1752 517842
You will normally receive a decision on your application within four weeks of us receiving your application. You may be asked to provide additional information, to take part in an interview (which in the case of overseas students may be by telephone or video conference) or you will be sent a decision by letter or email.
The University aims to make the application procedure as simple and efficient as possible. Our Admissions and Course Information team is on hand to offer help and can put you in touch with the appropriate faculty if you wish to discuss any programme in detail. The Doctoral College is also available to answer any queries on our postgraduate research degrees.
If you have a disability and would like further information about the support provided by the University of Plymouth, please visit our Disability Services website.
Support is also available to overseas students applying to the University from our International Office.