Your suitability for the PGCE Secondary programme is
judged on a range of factors including academic qualifications, ability to work
with other people and a real interest in learning and teaching.
When selecting applicants for interview the
admissions tutor will consider all parts of the application including a
personal statement and references. The UCAS website has useful information on how to
- GCSE grade 4/grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics.
2:2 or above hons degree or equivalent in a music subject or subjects or
50% of degree if joint hons. Must be from a recognised
university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements.
- There is also a requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy.
For all other UK qualifications please refer to the UCAS website.
If you have overseas qualifications you can check how
they compare with the UK equivalent through UK NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language then we’ll need
evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- IELTS at level 7 in all four components or
GCSE in English Language at grade C or above.
- IELTS at level 6.5 provided that it was
used to meet the entry requirement for a postgraduate degree completed in
- IELTS at level 6 provided that it was used
to meet the entry requirement for an undergraduate degree completed in the
For more information please visit the IELTS website.
- You'll be required to
complete a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with the Independent
Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions
Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme.
- You must be deemed fit to teach.
- You must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s).