From the very latest electronic patient simulators and 3D human anatomy models to our web-based Managed Learning Environment and extensive library and learning facilities, you’ll benefit from exceptional facilities throughout your degree.
Clinical Skills Resource Centre
Our impressive Clinical Skills Resource Centre (CSRC) allows you to learn vital clinical and communication skills in a safe, supported environment before the pressure is on in a real clinical setting. Many of the training rooms here are replicas of NHS wards and emergency departments, where you can:
- Undertake physical examinations
- Conduct patient and family interviews
- Develop diagnostic skills
- Perform a variety of practical procedures, such as basic life support
Life Sciences Resource Centre (LSRC)
The Life Science Resource Centre (LSRC) will further your understanding of biomedical science and anatomy through a wide range of specialist expert-facilitated sessions and resources that include:
- An Anatomage virtual dissection table
- Extensive specialist articulated and cross-sectional anatomical models
- A student fleet of iPads with teaching and learning applications
- External specialist contributors in subjects such as Medical Imaging
- Clinical equipment to support physiology sessions and peer practice
- An extensive range of bookable biomedical resources
- Access to small and large bookable spaces for group work and individual learning
e-Managed Learning Environment
We’re continually refining and developing our online systems, activities and materials to support your learning. The Schools’ web-based e-Managed Learning Environment is a powerful tool to help you take control of your learning how and when it suits you. Its features include:
- Supporting course information, learning materials and library access.
- Recording clinical encounters and in a custom-made online student logbook, as well as monitoring your progress and book skills sessions.
- Accessing resources such as 3D human anatomy models, electronic journals, personalised assessment database, encyclopedias, interactive online learning materials, formative online computer aided assessments.
- Hosting discussion forums in various open, private, academic, and social contexts.
- Helping you manage your emails and timetable.
Our extensive library and learning facilities include:
- Books and publications
- Hundreds of electronic journals