Based on a real scenario, you'll work in multidisciplinary teams of architectural engineering, construction management, building surveying and quantity surveying students, each of you playing a particular role according to your discipline.
Access the experience and expertise of over thirty professional industrial advisers, providing you with guidance through seminars and supporting tutorials. Their advice and knowledge will help you develop the professional skills necessary, to successfully progress in the built environment sector, and provide you with the confidence required for the final stage of each project - where you’ll present your work to a panel of industry professionals, defend your decisions and answer their expert analysis.
What might my group project involve?
Recent industry-led group projects have included:
- designing an energy efficient housing development.
- designing and planning the construction of a high performance multi-storey commercial development.
- designing a high-tech ‘envelope’ for the refurbishment and redevelopment of a singular 1960’s high rise building.
- consultancy work for social enterprise client, the Eden Project, on the development of a new site.
- assessing the feasibility of a community-led multi-use site with many constraints.