- Stand out with a degree accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
- Delivered by the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and enhanced by links with healthcare professionals.
- Develop practical skills, critical thinking and professional competence.
- Taught components of the course are enriched by the varied research activities of staff within the school.
- LABplus is a unique open access laboratory and resource centre designed for students studying science and engineering courses. The lab provides a flexible workspace, computing facilities, specialist software, access to microscopes, microscope cameras and bespoke resources.
- Experience more with an optional placement year.
- Gain a positive learning experience within a work setting that will support your studies and future employability – the school offers 12 work placements between Stage 2 and the final year of your programme.
- Ten research summer placements are available between the first and second year and 20 between the second and final year. These competitive placements are available for students who demonstrate excellent performance in their studies and allow students to gain valuable research experience within the Biomedical Research Group.
- This course has competitive entry for up to five ring-fenced places at the end of stage one for progression onto medicine and dentistry. Applicants must meet minimum academic requirements for consideration. e.g A levels - Minimum of AAB to include A grades in Biology, one other science from Chemistry, Maths, Physics, or Psychology. General Studies will not be accepted.
With regards career options, in addition to the five ring-fenced places for transfer to medicine and dentistry after year 1 for BMS or HB, we also have the additional route for graduates of all our undergraduate programmes.
The programme also has an enhanced admissions process for medicine and dentistry. So if you are considering applying for either of these courses you may wish to consider applying to Plymouth in light of the following. Further information regarding admissions and interviews etc. is available from the medical and dental school admissions team email@example.com.
- A tranche of students on track to gain 1st Class (>70 per cent) will be guaranteed an interview (NDSL)
- Waive the requirement for GAMSAT
- Entry requirement – > 70 per cent in final degree score
- Satisfactory in Interview
- OH or DBS satisfactory reports
- Two year currency
There are also 10 ring-fenced places for our graduates onto the Physician Associate programme