The University of Plymouth accepts students for either the whole academic year or for one semester only via Bilateral Agreements, Erasmus+ and ISEP. We also consider self-funding students who wish to study at the University of Plymouth for one or two semesters outside of any agreement.
Choosing your modules
Part of your exchange journey is selecting the modules you wish to participate in on your chosen subject of study. Incoming students make an initial choice of modules on their application form, but please note that module choices are not confirmed until students arrive at the University of Plymouth. As an exchange student you are able to choose modules across stages and set programmes and therefore there is a possibility of timetable clashes. In cases of clashes, over subscription or cancellation of modules, students may not be able to study all of their first choice modules. In this case you will have an opportunity to speak to your module leaders during the first week.
The work involved in a module becomes more specialised with higher level modules. Be aware of this before you select your modules on your application form. Year one modules are often introductory and are best suited to students without a background in the subject. Year two modules deal with the subject in much greater detail and should be appropriate for students in their second or third year of higher education. Year three modules usually require extensive background knowledge before the module begins and therefore should only be taken by students with the prerequisite knowledge.
- your module choices must be approved by your own study abroad advisors and professors, and by the relevant Academic Exchange Coordinator in Plymouth whose contact details are listed on the module pages.
- you have a much better chance of being able to do the modules of your choice if you choose modules from a single course and at the same level.
- our normal full-time workload is 120 credits (60 ECTS) per year, 60 (30 ECTS) per semester. This usually means choosing three, 20-credit modules per semester. Some modules carry greater or fewer credits requiring you to adjust your choices to get at a full-time workload.
- we cannot guarantee that this year’s modules will run next year or if they do, that they will run in the same semester as this year. Timetables are published by semester, in August (Semester 1: Sep-Jan) and September (Semester 2: Jan-May).
- module choices are confirmed after your arrival.
Below you will find links to a page for each of the faculties within the University of Plymouth. On those pages you will find links to your subject area where you will find a list of relevant modules and any relevant documentation.
Faculty of Business
Courses and modules available to exchange students studying within the Faculty of Business.
Faculty of Health and Human Sciences
Courses and modules available to exchange students studying within the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences.
Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (PU PSMD)
Courses and modules available to exchange students studying within the Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.