Hidden Talent in Devon and Somerset is a region-wide project which provides opportunities to unlock unrealised potential through improving access to higher education for individuals and businesses.
Supported by the European Social Fund, the project brings together educational partners across the region to deliver outreach, engagement and skills development activities to promote and encourage participation in higher level skills, regardless of ability or education level.
Running in tandem with the Strategic Employer Engagement project, Hidden Talent is open to all adult learners across Devon and Somerset who want to develop their employable skills, including employees of organisations in the private, public and voluntary sector.
As a partner in the Hidden Talent project, the University of Plymouth is delivering a variety of activities through which individuals and businesses can engage with higher skills, related in particular to our Higher and Degree Apprenticeships and CPD offerings.
Key areas of focus include:
- The development of new qualifications
– higher and degree apprenticeships in Chartered Management, Digital Technology, and Healthcare, with several more in the pipeline.
- Free taster courses – to provide routes-in for both employers and employees interested in undertaking higher-level skills, working with the Hidden Talent project.
- Information, advice and guidance – one to one sessions designed to inform potential learners of how their identified training needs can be met.
- Recognising and building on experience – taking into account existing employee experience to provide a more flexible offering.
Upcoming free taster sessions
- Free course: Getting the Best from Your Staff (Bridgwater) 4 June 2019 09:00 - 14:00
- Free course: Improving Your Team's Performance (Plymouth) 4 June 2019 19:00 - 21:00
- Free course: Management Accounting for Non-Accountants (Yeovil) 5 June 2019 09:00 - 14:00
- Free course: Making Data Work for your Business (Taunton) 5 June 2019 19:00 - 21:00
- Free course: Mastering Marketing (Yeovil) 12 June 2019 09:00 - 14:00
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Our higher and degree apprenticeships enable learners to obtain a higher level qualification whilst gaining valuable, industry-specific work experience and earning a salary.
Benefits include flexible study, work-based learning, and no course fees for the apprentice.Find out more about higher and degree apprenticeships with the University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is proud to be supported by the European Social Fund.
As one stream of funding under the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme 2014–2020, the ESF focuses on improving access to employment, promoting social inclusion, and investing in skills to help people fulfil their potential.More projects supported by ESIF with the University of Plymouth