Are you a business with under 250 employees? Do you want to better motivate your team and increase employee retention? Are you looking to boost your staff capabilities?
The University of Plymouth offers FREE support to help with skills and training needs
Free taster courses
In partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses, we are offering a series of short taster courses which are FREE to eligible businesses in Devon and Somerset.
Courses are open to business owners/directors and their staff and cover areas such as:
- Management Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Getting the Best From Your Staff
- Making Data Work for Your Business
Locations include Plymouth, Exeter, Torbay, Yeovil and Bridgwater.
Free workplace needs assessments
Want to build your best team yet? Our skills analysis' are available to all SMEs in Devon and Somerset and are completely free of charge.
With our industry-led approach, we can help you identify skills needs within your business and learn about our bespoke training solutions, enabling you to:
- attract and retain the best talent
- excel in leadership and staff development
- embed succession planning.
Upcoming free taster courses
- Free course: Getting Your Marketing on Track (Plymouth) 31 October 2019 09:00 - 14:00
- Free course: Creating a High Performing Team (Somerset) 5 November 2019 09:00 - 14:00
- Free course: Creating a High Performing Team (Plymouth) 13 November 2019 09:00 - 14:00
- Free course: Project Management for Business (Exeter) 14 November 2019 12:30 - 16:30
What is Hidden Talent?
Hidden Talent in Devon and Somerset is a region-wide project which provides opportunities to unlock unrealised potential through improving access to higher education for individuals and businesses.
Supported by the European Social Fund, the project brings together educational partners across the region to deliver outreach, engagement and skills development activities to promote and encourage participation in higher level skills, regardless of ability or education level.
Running in tandem with the Strategic Employer Engagement project, Hidden Talent is open to all adult learners across Devon and Somerset who want to develop their employable skills, including employees of organisations in the private, public and voluntary sector.
As a partner in the Hidden Talent project, the University of Plymouth is delivering a variety of activities through which individuals and businesses can engage with higher skills.
Key areas of focus include:
- The development of new qualifications
– higher and degree apprenticeships in chartered management, digital technology, healthcare and more.
- Continuing professional development – to provide routes in for both employers and employees interested in undertaking higher-level skills.
- Information, advice and guidance – one to one sessions designed to inform potential learners of how their identified training needs can be met.
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Helping employers develop, harness and focus the skills of emerging talent within their organisation whilst offering employees opportunity to pursue undergraduate degree qualifications alongside real-life work experience.
Industry-led, higher and degree apprenticeships to support business growthHigher and degree apprenticeships with the University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is proud to be supported by the European Social Fund.
As one stream of funding under the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme 2014–2020, the ESF focuses on improving access to employment, promoting social inclusion, and investing in skills to help people fulfil their potential.More projects supported by ESIF with the University of Plymouth