Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Dementia could be detected via routinely collected data, new research shows 18 July 2018
- Decade of research shows little improvement in password guidance 17 July 2018
- Research reveals strategy for 'no-mining zones' in the deep sea 12 July 2018
- Immunity could be key to addressing coral crisis 9 July 2018
- University academics take part in New Scientist Live 2018 3 July 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 20 July 2018 14:00 - 15:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 23 July 2018 14:00 - 15:00
- Laboratory Tour 12 September 2018 16:00 - 18:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 18 September 2018 16:30 - 18:00
- Reflexive Narrative 19 September 2018 14:00 - 16:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.