Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Weight loss can be boosted fivefold thanks to novel mental imagery technique, research shows 24 September 2018
- Plymouth leads national review of dental ‘fitness to practise’ process 20 September 2018
- Scientists receive $1.3 million to study new propulsion idea for spacecraft 17 September 2018
- Dementia screening app shortlisted for two national awards 13 September 2018
- Scientists awarded funding to investigate quantum physics using intense lasers 13 September 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Miocene planktic foraminifera: palaeoecology and evolution 26 September 2018 13:00 - 14:00
- Systematic Reviews Peer Support Network 26 September 2018 13:00 - 15:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 26 September 2018 14:00 - 15:00
- Nutrition Education and Childhood Obesity Prevention 26 September 2018 17:30 - 20:30
- Search and Review Clinic 27 September 2018 13:00 - 15:30
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.