Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- University prepares to host UK teachers on international education expedition 19 August 2019
- Scientists receive funding to explore new theories in quantum physics 15 August 2019
- Marine researcher and graduate meet Nobel-nominated climate activist 14 August 2019
- Soil erosion image to feature in national showcase of science photography 14 August 2019
- A new method of tooth repair? Scientists uncover mechanisms that could help future dental treatment 9 August 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Forming the Future 2 September 2019 - 3 September 2019
- Sea Level and Coastal Change in Devon and Cornwall 3 September 2019 18:00 - 20:00
- Fifth Sea Level and Coastal Change Field Conference: Devon and Cornwall 1 September 2019 - 4 September 2019
- Realist Reading Group 4 September 2019 11:00 - 12:30
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 5 September 2019 - 6 September 2019
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.