Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Girls into Geoscience goes global at prestigious women in science event 21 October 2019
- University scientists selected to join NERC Advisory Network 16 October 2019
- New book suggests governments need to maintain focus on transformative transport strategies 16 October 2019
- Global tech firm IBM joins Mayflower Autonomous Ship project 16 October 2019
- Scientists set sail on round-the-world plastics initiative 8 October 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Nanomaterials: the known unknowns 21 October 2019 17:00 - 18:00
- The problem with plastics by Liz Bonnin 21 October 2019 19:00 - 20:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 22 October 2019 16:00 - 17:00
- The effects of Brexit on the city and wider society 22 October 2019 18:15 - 19:30
- Transforming Cities Fund Workshop 24 October 2019 14:00 - 16:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.