Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- University teams up with eXXpedition to tackle the plastics in our oceans 21 May 2019
- Reverse-engineered computer model provides insights into larval behaviour 20 May 2019
- Why get involved in clinical trials? Read Michael’s story 20 May 2019
- Scientists use historical data for assessment of human impacts on biodiversity 14 May 2019
- Study explores the use of robots and artificial intelligence to understand the deep-sea 10 May 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Rehabilitation Research Group Lecture Series 29 May 2019 12:00 - 13:00
- Pro-tumourigenetic activity of cellular senescense: lessons from pituitary tumours 31 May 2019 16:30 - 17:30
- Soapbox Science Plymouth 1 June 2019 12:00 - 15:00
- Re-thinking Post Recovery Space: Strategies around Post-conflict Space and Displacement 5 June 2019 13:00 - 17:20
- The Challenge of Science Leadership 4 June 2019 - 6 June 2019
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.