Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Winter wave heights and extreme storms on the rise in Western Europe 24 April 2018
- Researchers look for public opinions on geothermal project in Cornwall 20 April 2018
- Boosting livelihoods and conservation practices among small-scale fishermen 19 April 2018
- Free event celebrates benefits of the marine environment for human health and wellbeing 17 April 2018
- Marine litter student awarded scholarship from Sky Ocean Rescue and National Geographic 16 April 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- A Marine National Park for Plymouth? 26 April 2018 19:00 - 22:00
- Open Seas, Open Science 27 April 2018 09:30 - 12:30
- Bi-monthly Systematic Reviews Seminar Series 1 May 2018 13:00 - 15:00
- Research Advice Surgeries 1 May 2018 14:00 - 15:00
- Sociology Research Seminars 2 May 2018 16:00 - 17:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: Plymouth University research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.