Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Pioneering microplastics research earns national award nomination 16 November 2018
- Beaches still struggling to recover following 2013/14 winter storms 9 November 2018
- Amazon forests failing to keep up with climate change 8 November 2018
- £5million partnership aims to train the scientists of tomorrow 6 November 2018
- Film tells story of Plymouth Chief Constable who waged war on crime and immorality 2 November 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Making Sense of Health Research 16 November 2018 09:15 - 17:00
- Shut Up and Write Together 21 November 2018 13:00 - 14:30
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 21 November 2018 13:00 - 14:30
- Deeper than Plastic 21 November 2018 13:30 - 16:30
- Negotiating Dis-ease: Jewish Women and the Work of Woody Allen 21 November 2018 15:30 - 17:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.