Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- New fund to remember local businessman who died from brain tumour 21 March 2019
- Scientists use a blender to reveal what’s in our smartphones 14 March 2019
- University scientists contribute to international report on microplastic risk 12 March 2019
- ‘A gift from the city to itself’ – study creates a blueprint for city marine parks 4 March 2019
- Scientists help secure Government inquiry into impact of funding policy on diversity 27 February 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 22 March 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- Impact Lab: Plymouth City Challenge 22 March 2019 09:30 - 16:00
- Sociology Public Talks 26 March 2019 13:00 - 14:00
- Limestone-Marl Alternations - Suspicious Witnesses for Cyclostratigraphy? 27 March 2019 13:00 - 14:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 27 March 2019 14:00 - 15:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.