Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Fundraising family and friends take total over £35,000 for University Huntington’s disease research 4 December 2019
- Study calls for improved sanitation and the environmental management of pharmaceuticals in developing economies 3 December 2019
- University soil research earns success at inaugural Tech South West Awards 2 December 2019
- New research project launched to tackle the issue of food waste 29 November 2019
- Academic awarded prestigious fellowship to teach in New Zealand 27 November 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Voices of Cornish Geothermal 7 December 2019 09:30 - 16:30
- Realist Reading Group 9 December 2019 11:00 - 12:30
- Postgraduate Research Showcase 11 December 2019 13:00 - 16:30
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 13 December 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- Volcanoes: the good, the bad and the ugly 6 January 2020
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.