Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Professor Iain Stewart, Director of the Sustainable Earth Institute
- Sustainable construction project wins major European award 10 October 2019
- University research informs government report into future management of protected landscapes 26 September 2019
- Is GTA5 mirroring the advance of climate change and plastic pollution? 19 September 2019
- Scientists join climate task force to deliver Devon’s carbon plan 28 August 2019
- University of Plymouth coastal engineer heads up prestigious journal special issue on heritage structures 22 August 2019
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 18 October 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Transforming Cities Fund Workshop 24 October 2019 14:00 - 16:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 25 October 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 1 November 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 8 November 2019 15:30 - 15:45
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
University of Plymouth has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth