This teaching resource develops the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver enjoyable, engaging and progressive lessons at key stage 1 and 2, and shows how to maximise activity levels while developing the fundamental movement skills that underpin athleticism.
Includes a first-class resource pack/teaching resource (normally £31)
What you will learn
The overall focus behind the Elevating Athletics Approach is as follows:
- To bring the sport of athletics to life and make it accessible
- To provide teachers with a creative and practical resource that will help them encourage and motivate youngsters participate and achieve in athletics
- To ensure that athletics is taught in a more inclusive and engaging manner, with modern approaches that are less reliant on formal didactic delivery and focus more on learning
- To ensure all children receive a positive experience of athletics, where the emphasis is on participation, enjoyment, mastery and the acquisition of skills, so that they maintain interest in the sport
- To create a greater understanding that running, jumping and throwing underpin the vast majority of sports, and ensure children acquire and develop these skills throughout their education
- To reach out and appeal to a much wider audience of young people to ensure we have a sustainable number of 16-17 year olds in the sport, who are committed to competing at senior level.
How to apply
When dates have been confirmed you will be able top purchase this course via the University's estore.
Please contact email@example.com or pop into Pitts Hall for more information.