26 September - 1 October 2014
Food. Culture. History. Learning. Business.Inspired by the historic voyage of The Clove and delivered by the History department at Plymouth University, Japan400 Plymouth is a series of events celebrating a spirit of discovery and partnership that endures to this day.
- Get a taste of how the bounty of the South West lends itself to Japanese cuisine by joining us to celebrate Japanese food and flavours.
- Experience the culture of the land of the rising sun at events showcasing Japanese film, music, theatre and art, including performances by local and international groups and artists.
- Explore Anglo-Japanese relations through the centuries and join us in a celebration of maritime history.
- Get involved – take part in workshops for all ages where you can learn about and engage with Japanese art, culture and cuisine.
- Allow the spirit of curiousity that led John Saris to sail to Japan to inspire you and your classroom with our portfolio of opportunities for schools in the South West to get involved.
- Expand your commercial horizons at ‘Doing Business with Japan’, an event to support inward investment and export opportunities.