With a focus on interior design and place making and a mix of live and theoretical projects BA (Hons) Interior Design explores the space between objects and architecture with a hands-on approach to crafting the interior and positively influencing the perception and experience of people as they use space.
BA (Hons) Product and Furniture Design is about making products useful, useable and delightful and covers the breath of design from products, services and artefacts to furniture, ceramics and lighting for both one-off craft or batch and mass production.
The two new courses have been developed to respond to the shifting design and commercial landscape and provide the opportunity for students to deepen their specialism and develop a career in design whilst benefitting from a multi-disciplinary setting, which mimics contemporary design studio practice.
Both courses work alongside each other in our modern open plan studios with access to traditional and digital workshop facilities. With making at its core and the opportunity for collaboration and team work the two courses provide a fantastic opportunity to learn how to turn your ideas into real products and spaces, creating delightful and rewarding experiences that define the consumer's emotional connection to the world around them.
You’ll be taught by a team of established designers and experienced educators.
With achievements that include international awards, research papers, public exhibitions and experience working for major clients, our 3D Design teaching team helps you to gain hands-on experience and understanding of design from both an industry and an academic perspective.
Personal and group tutorials go hand in hand with lectures on careers, portfolio surgeries, business advice, overseas exchange, frequent public exhibitions, and 'Dragons Den' style business games such as FLUX.
With our employability and creative industry workshops you can work with confidence towards joining our many graduates who have moved on to set up their own businesses, work within establish design consultancies, or advance to work alongside those who have progressed to postgraduate studies or gone on to teacher
- BA (Hons) Digital Design and Engineering (Full-time)
- BSc (Hons) Digital Design and Engineering (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Game Arts and Design (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design with Typography (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design with Typography with Foundation (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Illustration (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Illustration with Foundation (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Interior Design (Full-time)
- BA (Hons) Product and Furniture Design (Full-time)
- MA Design (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MA Illustration (Part-time)
- MA Integrated Design Innovation (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MSc Integrated Design Innovation (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MA Publishing (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MA Publishing (Part-time)
- MA Smart Urban Futures (Full-time, Part-time route available)
- MA Smart Urban Futures (Part-time)
Mr Peter Davis
Lecturer in Design Culture
Miss Elena Del Signore
Lecturer in 3D Design - Spatial and Interior Design
Mr Jonathan Forster
Associate Head of School (Marketing and Recruitment)
Ms Polly Macpherson
Associate Head of School - Enterprise
Mr Roy Tam
Associate Head of School (Marketing & Recruitment)
Mr Mike Woods
Lecturer in 3D Design
Mr Marc Trotereau
Lecturer in Industrial Design
Dr Diego Zamora
Lecturer in 3D Design - Design Maker
Design Thinking Design Making Design Knowing
We are an open & exploratory design-led research group conducting applied & theoretical research into people, products, places & their interactionsVisit the Design Knowledge website
Find out about our postgraduate research opportunities in the School of Architecture, Design and Environment.