Mr Christopher Pass
Teaching and Research Associate (TARA)
School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
Founding member of DesignFlow - an Engineering Design and Analysis Consultancy and Research group within Plymouth University.
DesignFlow deliver engineering consultancy projects in the field of fluid mechanics and engineering design, usually (but not always) involving CFD analysis.
Emphasis is also placed on securing and conducting CFD based research projects, bringing a high quality Research and Practice Informed Teaching aspect to undergraduate and postgraduate CFD teaching at Plymouth University.
Consultancy projects have included:
- Development of a low carbon domestic Waste Heat Recovery System.
- Analysis of marine propeller performance.
- Analysis/testing of water supply pressure/flow control systems.
- Building Aerodynamics - Computational analysis of complex wake structures.
- Bespoke software development - Analysis of Tube Bundle Flushing Process.
- Engine Cooling Analysis - Mathematical modelling of vehicle engine bay heat transfer paths.
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (1st Class)
Advanced Modern Apprenticehip (Aerospace Engineering)
Defence College of Aeronautical Engineering