Dr Ioannis Litsios
Lecturer in Economics
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts and Humanities)
- 2009-2012 University of Essex Department of Economics; Lecturer in Economics
- 2012-2017 University of Bradford, School of Management (A.F.E Group); Lecturer in Economics
- 2017-Present, University of Plymouth, Plymouth Business School; Lecturer in Economics
- B.A Accounting Finance & Economics (University of Essex, UK)
- M.A Finance and Investment (University of Exeter, UK)
- PhD Economics (University of Essex, UK)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Dynamic Macroeconomics
- International Finance
- Raymond Adu: Estimating equilibrium real exchange rate and misalignments in West Africa Monetary Zone (WAMZ).
- Moira Catania: Budget institutions in the Euro Area countries: focusing upon legislative budgeting and implications for fiscal discipline and Malta’s budget institutions reforms following the Great Crisis.
- Dzheren Khadzhieva: The current account and the exchange rate nexus in the Eurozone periphery.
Key publications are highlightedJournals
Most Significant Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals – ABS listed Journals
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K., Asteriou D., DSGE modelling for the UK Economy, 1974-2017, Bulletin of Economic Research, (revise and resubmit status).
• Raymond A., Litsios I., Baimbridge M.,‘Currency union and intraregional trade in ECOWAS: lessons for the future’, Journal of International Money and Finance, (under review).
• Raymond A., Litsios I., Baimbridge M Real Exchange Rate and Asymmetric Shocks in the West African Monetary Zone (WAMZ), Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money 2018, doi.org/10.1016/j.intfin.2019.12.005.
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K., The Role of National Debts in the Determination of the Yen-Dollar Exchange Rate, Economic Inquiry 2018, Econ Inq. doi:10.1111/ecin.12735.
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K., The Long Run Determination of the Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from an Intertemporal Modelling Framework using the dollar-pound Exchange Rate, Open Economies Review 2017, vol. 28, issue 5, 1011-1028. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11079-017-9467-7
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K., An Empirical Analysis of the Nexus Between Investment, Fiscal Balances and Current Account Balances in Greece, Portugal and Spain: Economic Modelling 2017; 63; 143-152 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2017.02.003.
• Litsios I., 2014. The Exchange Rate Determination and Equity Prices: Evidence from the U.K: The Journal of Economic Asymmetries (Elsevier) 2014; 10; 115-128.
Discussion Paper Series
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K., The Long Run Determination of the Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from an Intertemporal Modelling Framework using the dollar-pound Exchange Rate, 2016; Discussion Paper No. 15/19, City, University of London, Department of Economics (3* rating at the City, University of London most recent ARQM).
• Litsios I., Pilbeam K. An Empirical Analysis of the Nexus between Investment, Fiscal Balances and Current Account Balances in Greece, Portugal and Spain 2016 ; Discussion Paper No. 15/18, City, University of London, Department of Economics (2* rating at the City, University of London most recent ARQM).
• Baimbridge M., Litsios I., Jackson K., Lee. U., 2017). The Segmentation of Europe: Convergence or Divergence between Core and Periphery? Palgrave Macmillan.
• Litsios I., 2011. Neoclassical and Keynesian Dynamics for a Small Open Economy: Theory and Evidence, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2011.
Papers in Progress:
• Modelling the Trade Balance between the Northern and Southern Eurozone Using an Intertemporal Approach (with Prof. K. Pilbeam, Dr. T. Boonman and Dr. W. Pouliot).
• The determination of the nominal effective exchange rate: Empirical evidence on the relevance of monetary models (with Prof. J. Beckmann and Prof. K.Pilbeam).
• Trade Balance Adjustments and real Exchange Rate Misalignments: Evidence from the Eurozone South Periphery (with Dr. D.Asteriou and Prof. K. Plibeam).
• The Composition of Energy Production and the Determination of the Price of Fossils and Renewables: A Dynamic Model for the U.K. (with Dr. M. Tovar).
Other academic activities
- Economic Modelling (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance (InderScience)
- Review of Economic Analysis
Office Hours Semester 1 (2018): Friday 12:00-14:00.