Lecturer in Evidence Based Healthcare - Information Specialist (Education)
Peninsula Dental School (Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry)
Provision of library and information services across health, legal and public sectors.
- MSc Human Communication and Computing (Bath University, 2008)
- MSc Information and Library Management (Bristol University, 2004)
- BA Hons German Literature (Liverpool University, 1997)
Information skills teaching on the postgraduate dental programmes at the Peninsula Dental School.
- Advanced database searching
- Critical appraisal
- Reference management using EndNote
Supervision of MSc dissertations
Support also given to undergraduate Critically Appraised Topics
- Literature searching to support healthcare decision making, particularly in the fields of dentistry, mental health and public health.
- Information science support of the systematic review process.
- Information skills teaching and learning.
- Knowledge and skills development and CPD for information professionals.
Key publications are highlightedJournals
0 'Developing sustainability in a dental practice through an Action Research approach' British Dental Journal PEARL
0 'Oral Care of Palliative Care Patients - Carers' and Relatives' Experiences. A Qualitative Study' British Dental Journal PEARL