Mr Richard Dawe
Associate Professor In Construction Management
School of Art, Design and Architecture (Faculty of Arts & Humanities)
Associate Professor in Construction Management and the Environment.
Undergraduate Programme Manager
BSc Quantity Surveying
MSc Construction Management
Associate Professor, Undergraduate Programme Manager, Environmental Building Degrees. University of Plymouth, 2008 – present
- Module Leader, Professional Practice: Final Year Project: Process Management
- Module contributor, Sustainable and Safe ConstructionConstruction Management Process and Practice: Building Law.
- Team Leader.
- Elected member of Faculty of Arts, Faculty Board.
- Member Faculty of Arts Teaching and Learning Committee.
- Development contributor / Module Leader: MSc Partial Distance Learning.
Learning and Development Manager, EME, Davis Langdon LLP. 2001 - 2008
- Award winning Graduate Development Programme, intake 100 pa.
- Develop and deliver training for all staff in Europe and Middle East.
- Implementation of performance management system
- Support teams in developing specific training, such as Olympic and Paralympic Team.
- Developed distance learning provision.
- Created the Davis Langdon Channel - on-line video based training programmes available internationally
- Developed Sustainability Learning Programme for all staff.
- Collaboration with Universities.
- Developing Partner for Masters of Interdisciplinary Management of Projects at UCL.
- Member of Health and Safety Committee
- Member of Sustainability Committee
- Contributor to Sunday Times 'Top100 Best Companies to Work For' list - 19th .
- Building Magazine - Construction Consultant of the Year, winner for past three years.
- International Construction Cost Consultant - winner for past thirteen years.
- Technical advice on Education, Commercial and Regeneration Projects in size range £75m – £1Bn.
Programme Manager / Senior Lecturer, Environmental Building Degrees, University of Plymouth – 1997 – 2001
Programme Manager / Senior Lecturer, Construction Dept Plymouth College of Further Education. 1994 - 1997
Roles on external bodies
Chair of APC Assessors –RICS
Auditor for APC Final Assessments –RICS
Appeals Panel Member RICS.
Professional Assessor CIOB.
Construction Process Management
Professional Practice and Ethics
Health and Safety
Human Resource Management
Value and Risk Management
Staff serving as external examiners
• External Examiner. Sheffield Hallam University & TARC College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. BSc Construction Management and BSc Quantity Surveying 2005 -10
• External Examiner Northumbria University. Construction Related Programmes, School of Natural and Built Environment; 2010 - 2014
Developing Partner for Masters of Interdisciplinary Management of Projects at UCL - 2005.
PhD supervision with Professor Phil Stenton - Falmouth College of Arts -
Can Pervasive Media deliver significant understanding of a building’s history, engineering and performance?
Other academic activities
UPC Academic Liaion Person for six colleges.
Member of several internal validation panels.
Member of Extenuating Circumstances panel -Faculty of Art.
Faculty Board member.
Member Faculty of Arts Teaching and Learning Committee.