Mr Rob Stillwell
Senior Learning Technologist
Academic Support, Technology & Innovation (Technology & Information Services)
Within my current role I support teaching staff looking to engage with technology as part of their teaching.
BSc Medialab Arts (Hons)
CMALT - Certified Member of the Association of Learning Technologists
SEEDPOD (2011-12) – Embedding of Digital Literacies at Plymouth University.
PINEAPPLEProject (2009-11) –Investigating Accreditation of Prior / Previous Experiential Learning within HEin FE contexts. UsPaCe (2007-8) - Working with a range of open-source and web2.0software technologies including ELGG, Del.icio.us, i-Google, etc. to design,develop and pilot a toolkit for FE students.
UPlaCe (2007-8) –Design, development and management of a University Partner Colleges regionalrepository, storing research outputs, learning materials and programmedocumentation.
Joint Teaching Fellowship – iPads for Illustration & Reflection Rob Stillwell &Dean Owens. £5000
CEPPL 2007 Manualhandling/Taking Care of Your Back with Aliston James, Martyn Bradbury, JaneSwain, Liz Tipping, Camille Bellamy-Hillyer and Bernhard Haas.
CEPPL Innovations Fund grant of £7,500 awarded October 2007 for ‘The Use of Mobile Technology to Suportthe Development of Evidence Based Practice Skills in the Clinical Setting’ with Dr Jenny Morris& Dr Veronica Maynard
CEPPL Innovations Fund: Non-invasive ventilation Elearning Resource . With Sarah Dodds, Graham RWilliamson, Helen Daggar and Claire Hullett. Aug 2007. £5000.
CEPPL Fellowship (Innovations Fund): Arterial Blood Gas SamplingElearning Resource. With Graham R Williamson and Sarah Dodds . Aug 2006. £5000.
Creative practice & artistic projects
Teaching Fellowship: http://technologyenhancedlearning.net/ipadsforillustration/
Papers / Presentations / Workshops
· Witt, N, McDermott, Anne, Stillwell, Rob, Know your Digital Literacies – Vice Chancellor’s Teaching and Learning Conference Plymouth, 6 July 2012
· Witt, N, Stillwell, R, - Talking about iPads Plymouth University – 26/06/2012, 20/06/2012, 12/06/2012, 01/06/2012, 25/04/2012, 27/03/2012
· Witt, N, McDermott, Anne, Stillwell, Rob, Know your Digital Literacies – University of Plymouth College Libraries Annual Seminar, 4 July 2012
· Witt, N, McDermott, Anne, Stillwell, Rob, Know your Digital Literacies – Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory at the University of Plymouth (PedRIO) Conference, 18 April 2012
· Witt, Neil; McDermott, Anne; Stillwell, Rob; Dismore, Harriet; Neville, Sophie, Effectively supporting best practices for Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Workshop at Staffordshire University, 24th March, 2011
· Dismore, H., McDermott, A., Witt, N., Stillwell, R., Neville, S. & Stone, M. (2011) Tension of APEL: perceptions of higher education in further education lecturers , Research in Post –Compulsory Education , 16, 3, pp315-331.
· Witt, N.A.J. McDermott, A.P., Stillwell, R. and DISMORE H. (2010) Pineapple – Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (invited poster presentation) JISC Innovation Forum Royal Holloway University,28-29 July
· Witt, N.A.J., Stillwell, R. & McDermott A.P. (2010) UsPaCe – Not reinventing the wheel but using the wheels to make a better vehicle: the use of Web 2.0 to enhance the support of Foundation Degree students undertaking work-based learning , HEA Evidence Based Practice Employability and Employee Learning Seminar Series. University of Plymouth, 19 May.
· DISMORE, H and STILLWELL, R. (2010), PINEAPPLE PROJECT , UPC Administrators Away Day, University of Plymouth (Jurys Inn), 23rd March, Plymouth
· DISMORE, H and STILLWELL, R. (2009), PINEAPPLE PROJECT UPDATE , APEL Assembly, 8 April, University of Bradford, 8 October, Bradford
· WITT, N., MCDERMOTT A., AND STILLWELL, R. (2008), UsPaCe and Repository developments (JISC) , JISC Regional Support Centre South West Higher Education Conference 2008: Innovation Through Partnership, 8 April, Bristol
· UsPaCe& UPlaCe (Witt, N., McDermott A., AND Stillwell, R. 2008) UPC Sharepoint Awareness Day , HELP CETL – 27th February 2008
www.uplace.org.uk/ - JISC Funded UPlaCe Repository Project