Mr Robert Hart
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
I work as an eLearning Developer in the TELMeD team (Technology Enhanced Learning for Medicine and Dentistry) for PUPSMD and PCMD (Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry and Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry).
My work spans the medical, dental and postgraduate schools and involves:
- Working with fellow eLearning Developers, co-ordinating the delivery and development of a comprehensive eLearning service.
- Leading in various projects for both PSMD and PCMD that includes developing bespoke resources, upgrading old resources and researching new methods to deliver content using the latest technologies suitable for the end users.
- Investigating and recommending new technologies (software and hardware), third party products, services and emerging practices for PCMD and PUPSMD.
- Contributing to research funding applications and projects.
- Provision of training, supervision and authoring of protocols for staff and students in the development and use of resources (hardware, software systems etc), as part of a staff development role.
- Design for print including conference posters, printed learning resources and logos.
- Development and management of content managed e-resource system.
- Student IT inductions and digital literacy development.
- Providing guidance on copyright and IPR issues (non-legal advice).
- Lead Co-ordinator of a Game Based Learning (GBL) Special Interest Group.
- Contribute to the team blog and social media accounts (mainly Twitter and YouTube).
BSc (Hons) Digital Art & Technology - Game Design (2012) Awarded First Class Honours.
Associate Member of Association for Learning Technology (ALT).
My research interests include:
Grants & contracts
Higher Education Academy - Changing the Learning Landscape (CLL). Embedding Learning Technologies.
Hart, R., Kulkarni, R., Gunasekera, P., Chatterjee, A. (2014) Students’ perception towards the use of interactive comic strips in improving understanding of medical concepts: A case study.The Association for Study of Medical Education Annual Conference. Brighton. July 2014.
Hart, R., Curry, V. (2014) Using QR codes to access context specific teaching resources. JISc RSC South West TurboTEL Conference. UWE Exhibition and Conference Centre, Bristol, 10th June.