Dr Rohana Rajapakse
Faculty of Science & Environment (NC)
PhD in Computing, University of Plymouth.
MSc in Computational Intelligence, University of Plymouth.
MSc in Computer Science, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
BSc Honours in Mathematics, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
AI, Neural Networks,
Computational Intelligence, Knowledge/Information Management
Machine Learning, Adaptive behaviour, Classification, Text Retrieval, Data mining, Knowledge representation, Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
- Rajapakse R.K., Mushens, B. and Johnson, C. (in print). “The use of keyphrases for selecting metadata from taxonomies”, Presented at the International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM2006), University of Greenwich, London. Book chapter in “Creating Collaborative Advantage Through Knowledge and Innovation”, World Scientific Publishing Company Ltd. Singapore.
- Rajapakse R.K. and Denham M. (2006) “Text Retrieval with more Realistic Concept Matching and Reinforcement Learning", Journal of Information Processing & Management, Vol 42, Issue 5, pp 1260-1275.
- Rajapakse R.K., Cangelosi A., Coventry K.R., Newstead S. and Bacon A. (2005) "Connectionist Modeling of Linguistic Quantifiers", International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN-2005), September 11-15,2005, Warsaw, Poland.
- Coventry K.R., Cangelosi A., Joyce, D., Rajapakse, R., Bacon A., and Richards, L. V. (in preperation) “Spatial Language and perceptual symbols: Implementing the functional geometric framework. For submission to Psychological Review or Cognitive Psychology.
- Coventry K.R., Cangelosi A., Bacon A., Newstead, S. and Rajapakse, R. K. “Grounding number in perception: Vague Quantifiers and Visual Attention", Cognitive Psychology.
- Coventry K.R., Cangelosi A., Newstead S.N., Bacon A., Rajapakse R., (2005) “Grounding natural language quantifiers in visual attention”. Twenty-seventh annual conference of Cognitive Science Society, Stresa, Italy.
- Rajapakse R.K., Cangelosi A., Coventry K.R., Newstead S. and Bacon A.,(2005) "Grounding Linguistic Quantifiers in Perception: Experiments on Numerosity Judgments", Proceedings of the 2nd Language and Technology Conference: Human Language Technologies as a challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics (L&T'05), April 21-23, 2005, Poznan,Poland. Publisher: Wydawnictwo Poznanskie Sp. z o.o. ISBN 83-7177-341-2.
- Rajapakse R.K, Denham M. (2005) “Fast Access to Concepts in Concept Lattices via Bidirectional Associative Memories”.Journal of Neural Computation, Vol.17(10).
- Coventry K.R., Cangelosi A., Rajapakse R., Bacon A., Newstead S. Joyce D. and Richards L.V.(2005), “Spatial prepositions and vague quantifiers: Implementing the functional geometric framework. In C. Freksa, B. Nebel, M. Knuff & B. Krieg-Bruckner (Eds.), Spatial Cognition, Volume IV. Reason Action and Interaction, pp 98-110. Lecture notes in Artificial Inteligence, Springer Verlag Book chapter).
- Cangelosi A., Coventry K.R., Rajapakse R., Bacon A. and Newstead S.N.(2005), Grounding language in perception: A connectionist model of spatial terms and vague quantifiers. In A. Cangelosi, G. Bugmann and R. Borisyuk, editors, Modelling Language, Cognition and Action: Proceedings of the 9th Neural Computation and Psychology Workshop. Singapore: World Scientific, (Book chapter).
- Cangelosi A., Coventry K.R., Rajapakse R., Bacon A. & Newstead S.N. (2004), Grounding language in perception: A connectionist model of spatial terms and vague quantifiers. In Book of Abstracts of the 9th Neural Computation and Psychology Workshop (NCPW9), Plymouth, 2004, p. 16
- Rajapakse R.K. and Denham M. , “A Reinforcement Learning Strategy for (formal) Concept and Keyword Weight Learning for Adaptive Information Retrieval” , Proceedings of the 7th World Multiconference on Systemics Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI’2003), Orlando, Florida USA, July 2003. Also appeared in the workshop proceedings of the “User Modeling, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning” workshop of the 9th International Conference on User Modeling (UM’2003).
- Rajapakse R.K. and Denham M., “Information Retrieval Model Using Concept Lattices for Content Representation”, FCA KDD workshop of the 15th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI’02), July 21-26 2002, Lyon, France.
- Rajapakse R.K. and Denham M.,“A Concept based Adaptive Information Retrieval Model using FCA-BAM combination for concept representation”, Proceedings of the 24th BCS-IRSG European Colloquium on IR Research (ECIR’02), March 25-27, 2002, Glasgow, UK.
- Rajapakse R.K., Seneviratne K. and Weerasinghe R."A Neural Network Based Character Recognition System for ‘Sinhala’ Script", Proceedings of the South East Asian Regional Computer Confederation, Conference and Cyberexhibition (SEARCC'96), Bangkok , Thailand , July 4 - 7th 1996.