There’s usually free stuff (you can’t have too many tote bags) and loads of information about courses and university life, but how many open days have you been to that didn't take place on land?
Future students of cruise management at Plymouth University's School of Tourism and Hospitality recently attended an open day with a difference – on board the P&O Cruises ship MS Azura in Southampton.
They had the opportunity to find out about the course and talk to academics and students about the hands-on programme, created in collaboration with the industry's finest cruise companies.
Students could also learn about job opportunities with P&O Cruises and Cunard Line, so that they could start charting their future careers.
“It was a brilliant insight and really helped me understand a lot more about both the cruise management course and the cruise industry.”
Mylie, one of the prospective students who attended the open day
Why choose cruise management at Plymouth?
- The chance to pursue a very hands-on programme.
- Learn valuable transferable skills.
- Strong links to the best cruise companies.
- Work placements with industry leaders.
- A clear career path to an interesting job.
- The opportunity to see the world while you work.