How to register your property with us

Please note that for the foreseeable future, we are not currently accepting new landlords and their properties onto our database for student accommodation. However, if you are buying a property that has been registered on our Studentpad database for over 12 months we will consider the possibility of continuing its inclusion under your ownership as a new landlord to us. 

It is essential that you fully manage the property yourself. You may contact our office should you wish to discuss this further. 

  • Do you manage your own property?
  • Do you let solely to students and on the basis of one occupant per room? 

If yes to both, you can apply.

Our assessor will make an initial visit to ensure suitability for the student market. When applying to be included on our database you must:

  • Submit a Landlords' Application Form for each property and retain a copy for your records. If there is more than one flat in a property, you need to complete an application form for each.
  • Sign and return the Landlord's Guidelines, again keeping a copy for your records.
  • Send us a copy of the original gas safety certificate for each property.
  • Send us a copy of the original electricity certificate for each property.
  • Send us a copy of the fire alarm safety certificate where applicable.
  • Send us a copy of the license if it is a Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMO) licensable property – this is to include any recommendations that the local authority have asked for.

Please send all documents and the application to the Residence Life and Student Accommodation Services Office, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA.

Please note that we will not arrange a visit unless all the relevant safety certificates are included with the landlord application form and guidelines.

We may request works to be carried out to ensure the accommodation is as safe as possible for the student tenants and it may be necessary for this to be completed before the property can be added to the database and any vacancies advertised.

If accepted we will promote registered accommodation without any charge. 

Please note that we do not meet with any tenants of the property or any other third party.


You should contact Homestayfriend to place your property with them.  

Our students are directed to the website.

Residence Life is informed and we carry out an initial visit to meet you at your home.

To place your property with Homestayfriend, please go to the Homestayfriend website where you will find the information you need to house a student from University of Plymouth.