Get ready to come to your new home in University-managed halls!
Our Residence Life Team will be on hand on arrivals day to make moving in to your new home a fun and exciting experience. So if there is anything you’re unsure of, give them a call and get some answers from the people who will be with you for the year.
Essential arrival and check-in information
- Arrivals are being split over two days, 14 September and 15 September 2018*
- Colour-coded routes have been created for your smooth arrival. These are available above to download and will also be posted around the city
- There are a number of bus-only lanes across the main routes into the city to be aware of, including Embankment Road, Exeter Street and Tavistock Road (A386). See Plymouth City Council’s parking pages for more information
- Time slots are currently being sent out to students via email
- It is important that you arrive at the specified time to allow for a smooth moving process for yourself and other students
- Please print off and fill in your specific hall parking permit/window card. You will need to display this upon arrival at your hall
- On arrival, you’ll be met by University staff and students. We will be adopting a 'drop and go' principle where you will unload straight away and then move your car. Maps for parking locations will be supplied
- Trolleys will be available for unloading
- Find out what to bring
- Find somewhere to park
- Please refrain from ordering any shopping deliveries to halls of residence during the 14–15 September.
*International, medical and dentistry students will be moving in on Saturday 8 September. There are no specific time slots for moving in but the team will be available to assist you when you arrive.