BA (Hons) Architectural Technology and the Environment placements
BA (Hons) Architectural Technology and the Environment has an optional placement year between the second and final year of the degree course.
If you're interested in boosting your confidence and experience in the workplace, you'll have to opportunity to attend the Faculty of Arts ‘Introduction to Placement’ sessions in Years 1 and 2 which include advice on CV preparation, job searching and identifying your skills, and individual support in finding placement from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Placement Officer.
Out on placement you'll gain invaluable experience of practice and build confidence in your skills.
Upon completion of a successful placement year you'll be awarded a ‘Certificate of Industrial Experience’ in addition to your final degree award on graduation.
What's in it for me?
- Employers are more likely to favour graduates with work experience.
- A placement will open the door to graduate opportunities. Employers regularly choose previous placement students for their graduate schemes.
- Improve your degree results.
- Get a taste of your chosen career.
- All placements we advertise are paid.
- Take the chance to work abroad.
Students have completed placements with the following organisations:
- Heriz Payne Architects, Glastonbury
- BBH Architects, Dartmouth
- The Bazeley Partnership, Bude
- Andrew E Hitt Architectural Consultants, Isle of Wight
- Bailey Partnership, Plymouth
- Pearn & Proctor Chartered Architects, Plymouth
- Burke Rickards Architects
- Stride Treglown Architects, Bristol
- Plus many more...