BSc (Hons) Building Surveying and the Environment Placements
If you're interested in boosting your confidence and experience in the workplace you'll have to opportunity to attend the Faculty of Arts ‘Introduction to Placement’ sessions in Years 1 and 2 which include advice on CV preparation, job searching and identifying your skill and individual support in finding placement from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Placement Officer.
Out on placement you'll gain invaluable experience of practice and build confidence in your skills.
Upon completion of a successful placement year you'll be awarded a ‘Certificate of Industrial Experience’ in addition to your final degree award on graduation.
What's in it for me?
- Employers are more likely to favour graduates with work experience.
- A placement will open the door to graduate opportunities. Employers regularly choose previous placement students for their graduate schemes.
- Improve your degree results.
- Get a taste of your chosen career.
- All placements we advertise are paid.
- Take the chance to work abroad.
Students have completed placements with the following organisations:
- Leonard Tridgell, Middlesex
- DHP Buidling Consultancy, Surrey
- Pearce Construction, Barnstaple
- Workman LLB, Bristol
- AECOM, Plymouth
- Arcadis Consulting (UK) Ltd, Exeter
- Network Rail, Bristol
- WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Bristol
- Bailey Partnership, Plymouth
- Kier Construction Ltd, Plymouth
- PAYE Stonework, London
- Persimmon Homes, Launceston
- Jones Lang LaSalle, London
- Plus many more...
BSc (Hons) Building Surveying and the Environment
"I spent my placement year at Malcolm Hollis LLP in their Birmingham office. The year on placement allowed me to build on the foundation of knowledge that I picked up in years 1 and 2 at Plymouth."