Why visit the HUB
- Need help with a CV?
- Unsure about what to do with your degree?
- Want help finding suitable roles to apply for?
- Not sure you’re on the right course?
- Looking for part-time work?
- Thinking about postgraduate study?
- Interested in the Plymouth Award?
- Wish to find out about the placement year?
- Seeking work experience?
These are all things you can get help and support with by dropping into the HUB.
The HUB is open all year – including vacation times – although we may operate reduced hours. You don’t need an appointment, just call in and have a chat with us.
If you are away from Plymouth, you can still access support by email, telephone or Skype.
Careers & Employability HUB
Ground Floor, Roland Levinsky Building
Standard term-time opening times: Monday – Friday 8:30–16:30
Summer vacation opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11.00-15.00. Closed on Wednesdays.
Phone: +44 (0)1752 587456
Drop-in – Employability AssistantsAccessing our support couldn’t be easier. Come along to the HUB and talk to our Employability Assistants about the help and support you require; no appointment necessary. They can talk you through initial career or job searching options, offer feedback on CVs and applications, guide you through interview and assessment centre preparation and more.
Guidance appointments – Careers Advisers
If you need more in-depth help and advice from one of our professional advisers book a 30-minute appointment. Why would you access this help? You may have one or more of the following concerns:
- unsure about your career direction and need to discuss and clarify your goals
- need to clarify your thoughts on which roles to apply for and how to go about entering a particular sector
- need in-depth guidance on how to evidence your skills and experience for a job
- need help with choosing and making an application for a postgraduate programme
- in-depth support with CVs, job applications and preparing for interviews and assessments
Support is on hand daily during term time for those taking the optional placement year.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11:00–13:00 (Wednesday 11:00–13:00 in Cookworthy 111)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 13:00–16:00.
Our Student Jobs team are based in the [HUB].
Focused on seeking out and advertising part-time work both on campus and in the local Plymouth area.
They also manage the recruitment of and queries relating to Student Ambassadors.
Find out more on the Student Jobs webpage.
There are a wide range of FREE printed resources available in the HUB.
Our own series of booklets covering CVs, advice for international students, placements and part time work.
Employer directories promoting graduate schemes such as Times Top 100 Graduate Employers, Top Companies for Graduates, Prospects Student Guide and Top Companies.
Industry guides from Targetjobs, Gradcracker, and information guides to law and medicine.
Come and browse for yourself.
Book a quiet space
Our suite of Pods are available to book and are ideal for telephone or Skype interviews, providing a quiet space and professional background.
Our bigger Pods have desktop computers with a webcam and separate headphone/microphone set.
The smaller Pods have laptops but you are welcome to bring your own IT equipment.
Contact us to find out more and to check availability.