Our employer networking evenings provide students with the opportunity to develop and enhance their networking skills which are vital for their employment and business goals, with industry professionals. For the Science and Engineering, and Business networking, the evening opens with a motivational speaker, followed by small group networking sessions. The Arts and Humanities networking incorporate the Creative CV competition into the evening so will not include small group sessions. All networking evenings give you the opportunity to: meet lots of professionals, gain an insight into their roles, companies and learn from their experience. Each networking evening will include an informal networking session where refreshments and canapés will be provided. Our Careers & Employability staff will be on hand to facilitate and encourage networking.
How will this event help you?
- Develop your skills, practice your networking technique with professionals, asking smart questions and selling yourself
- Gain insight, find out from professionals about their jobs, roles, and their experience of the industry and gain commercial awareness
- Increase your confidence, approaching and talking to professionals and businesses
- Network with local and national employers, expand your network and explore opportunities in different sectors.
This year we are running three networking evenings:
- Business networking evening – Thursday 08 November 2018
- Arts and humanities networking evening – Thursday 07 March 2019
- Science and engineering networking evening – Thursday 28 March 2019
We would highly recommend the event, particularly for students graduating this year.
Please be aware there are limited spaces available at these events for students. Spaces are offered on a first come basis so we recommend booking sooner rather than later.
Employer networking evenings
Our employer networking evenings provide you with the opportunity to develop and enhance your networking skills, a vital skill you will need for employment and business, with industry professionals.
Discover more about our employer networking evenings by watching our video.
Creative CV Competition
Each year the University of Plymouth's Careers and Employability Service host the Creative CV competition. This provides students with the opportunity to showcase their skills through designing a unique, imaginative CV that is tailored towards their chosen industry.
When can I get involved?
The competition launches on Monday 1 October 2018 and the winners will be announced at the competition finale on Thursday 7 March 2019, to coincide with the Arts and Humanities networking evening.
Where can I find more information?