External Examiners' reporting requirements and report forms (taught programmes)

Reporting requirements

Please submit your completed annual report form by 31 July - or within six weeks of the meeting of the Subject Assessment Panel or Award Assessment Board if the Panel/Board meeting is held after that date.  

Please download the relevant report forms from the options below. The report forms are updated each year so please ensure that you download the most up to date versions from this site.

Additional reporting requirements may be applicable:

Award External Examiner

If you hold an Award External Examiner appointment you are required to complete an additional Award External Examiner’s report.

If more than one Panel/Board meeting is held per year:

Where more than one Panel/Board meeting is held per year (for example, Postgraduate programmes or Continuing Professional Development programmes in the Health area), you are required to complete, in addition to the annual report, an abbreviated version of the report template (the ‘Panel’, ‘Board’ or ‘Dissertation’ report, as appropriate) following attendance at subsequent Panel/Board meetings to provide us with ongoing assurance of standards.

Faculty Quality Administrators will provide additional guidance on reporting requirements and deadlines where this additional requirement applies.

Responding to External Examiners’ reports

You can expect to receive a formal response to your report by the relevant deadline below:
  • Undergraduate programmes (University of Plymouth) – 10 September or within four weeks of receipt of the report, if the report is not received by the 10 September deadline
  • Academic Partnerships – 28 September
  • Postgraduate programmes – within four weeks of receipt of the report
Further information about our requirements for responding to your reports and about how we use your reports can be found in Responses to External Examiners’ reports – Minimum requirements.

Report forms

Please select the relevant report form/s from the options below.

Not sure which form to complete?

  • Contact Rachel Mace for advice as to which faculty to select.
  • Contact the relevant faculty for further guidance as to which form to complete when.

Academic Partnerships

Faculty of Arts and Humanities

Faculty of Business

Annual reports

Faculty of Health and Human Sciences

Annual reports

Faculty of Science and Engineering

Annual reports

Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry

Annual reports

Abbreviated versions

Doctoral College

Annual reports

Abbreviated versions