workshop is for Plymouth University staff only.
A webinar is short for Web-based seminar. It can be a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web. In this session we will cover all of the basics to get you started with webinars, including:
- The Logistical and Pedagogic benefits of webinars
- Current and potential uses of webinars here at Plymouth University
- Webinar features and how you can utilise them in your teaching
- Advice on adding interactivity into a webinar
- Tips and best practice
Alongside this we will also give you a practical run through of scheduling and running a webinar. This will give you a great hands on opportunity to see how you can facilitate teaching and learning at distance.
By the end of the session the intended learning outcomes should allow you to:
- Define a webinar and highlight a number of its logistic and pedagogic benefits
- Schedule and run a webinar (including sharing your screen and broadcasting audio)
- Describe some of the ways in which you can add interactivity to your webinar