The conference has been postponed for more information email email@example.com.
Plymouth University in association with the Cruise Research Society are holding a two-day symposium on 'Cruise Futurology'.
Wednesday 18 May: sessions and activities primarily related to careers in hotel and guest service management on cruise ships
- Choice of sessions on cruise employability for students featuring industry professionals
- Cruise research poster - competition for undergraduate and postgraduate students*
- Cruise project poster - competition for college students*
- Cruise Research Society Assembly Meeting
- Symposium dinner
Thursday 19 May: session primarily related to research and the business of cruising
- David Dingle CBE, Chairman Carnival UK and Chief Executive of Maritime UK
- Professor Alexis Papathanassis, Chair of the Cruise Research Society, University of Applied Science Bremerhaven
- Dr Clare Weeden, co-editor Cruise Ship Tourism (2nd ed.), University of Brighton
- Richard Parkman, Leadership in the Cruise Industry, Plymouth University.
- Panel question and answer session chaired by Dr Philip Gibson, Vice Chair of the Cruise Research Society
- Symposium lunch
- Barbican walking tour
Postgraduate and undergraduate students presenting a research poster will be expected to attend both days. College students will be expected to attend for the first day of the symposium.
For more information on submitting a poster please email Philip Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two day symposium rates including evening meal
- £95 Non members of Cruise Research Society
- £70 Members of Cruise Research Society
- £45 Students
One day symposium rates (select which day to attend)
- £45 Non member of Cruise Research Society
- £30 Members of Cruse Research Society
- £15 Students
Book your place via the eStore link above.
The event starts at 2pm on Wednesday and ends at 1pm on Thursday.