Two-hour teaching slots offer the opportunity to delve into a subject in depth, but they also present the challenge of keeping the session alive and the students actively engaged. This requires a shift from the transmission ‘lecture’ model towards a more interactive approach that fosters learning and dialogue (Laurillard, 2002).
Suitable for any colleague who teaches in this format, this workshop will explore evidence-based approaches to active learning from across the disciplines and help you develop activities that will keep your students learning in a more dynamic environment.
This session will:
- identify the rationale behind active learning
- air the challenges of working with large groups
- explore a range of successful approaches from across the disciplines
- share existing good practice
- develop approaches and activities for a dynamic learning environment.
Contact Pollyanna Magne (email@example.com) for more information.