Do you need to boost your staff’s performance? Are you looking to better motivate and engage your team? Would you like to improve staff loyalty?
Suitable for both new and experienced managers, this free course will help you to create a more engaged workforce and develop effective performance management techniques. It will also serve as an introduction to possible further learning in leadership and management.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided, including a light buffet lunch at 13.00.
Topics will include:
- The general purposes of performance management.
- The criteria for effective performance management systems.
- Approaches to performance management.
- The pros and cons of the different sources of performance information.
Employee engagement and retention
- Examining what does the term employee engagement mean.
- Creating an 'engaged' workforce.
- Discussing what works and what this means in practice.
The course is being delivered by tutors from the University of Plymouth, with private sector business experience, in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses. It is being delivered for free with funding from the European Social Fund as part of the Hidden Talent in Somerset project.
Due to the nature of the funding delegates are required to bring ID as proof of age and the right to work in the UK - a passport is the most suitable proof.
Free parking is available on-site.
Contact Gioia Grobler by email for general event information.