Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry would like to invite all to attend their International Women’s Day 2018 Global Health Conference.
There are a range of speakers and presentations, along with the opportunity to network and look at poster presentations of work happening globally and locally for health.
- 13:30-13:40 - Welcome and introductions (Alice Inman)
- 13:40-13:50 - Enhancing patient care through evidence implementation (speaker: Bridie Kent)
- 13:50-14:00 - Global health and climate change challenges for women (speaker: Janet Richardson)
- 14:00-14:10 - Food as a Lifestyle Motivator: empowering 'harder to reach' women (speaker: Clare Pettinger)
- 14:10-14:20 - Q&A: questions for speakers
- 14:30-14:40 - Eureka!...I found the right question (speaker: Mona Nasser)
- 14:40-14:50 - Cervical screening in Iraq (speaker: Suhailah Ali)
- 14:50-15:00 - Using video calls to prevent loneliness in care homes (speaker: Sonam Zamir)
- 15:00-15:10 - Q&A: questions for speakers
- 15:10-15:30 - Break (tea and coffee)
- 15:40-15:50 - START as a contribution to women's global health (speaker: Avril Bellinger)
- 15:50-16:00 - Volunteering with START(Olivia Collins)
- 16:00-16:10 - Community engagement (Kelley Henn)
- 16:10-16:30 - Q&A: questions for speakers and closing remarks (Alice Inman and Tara Harrop)
- 16:30-17:00 - Networking and poster display
Please register your attendance via the SurveyMonkey webpage*.