This course is for University of Plymouth staff only.
What is a podcast?
A podcast is an enhanced piece of digital media (video and/or audio) which is made available for download for use on mobile devices and computers. It offers the opportunity to deliver course materials, lectures and presentations, news outside a conventional classroom environment. This session will introduce podcasting and give you the opportunity for hands on.
Who should attend?
This course is for any staff who needs to record/produce a podcast to publish online for students, staff and members of the public.
You must have basic PC skills (i.e. be able to use a mouse, keyboard).
What will I learn?
You will have a good introductory
knowledge of podcasting and be able to record and publish online.
- Introduction to podcasting
- What equipment do you need?
- Recording a podcast using Audacity
- Narrating a PowerPoint presentation and saving as video
- Distributing your resources to students and staff
- Copyright and other issues
- Handy hints to assist you in creating a professional podcast
Bring any ideas you would like to work on to the session.
Book your place using this direct link via Employee Self
For enquiries about this course please contact us. If you are unable to attend your training session, please cancel in advance via Employee Self Service or inform the Academic Support, Technology & Innovation team.