The Sustainable Earth Institute, as part of its Agri-Tech Cornwall project, is hosting the launch of the Plant Factory Cornwall initiative.
The project aims to facilitate the development and expansion of hydroponic, multi-tier controlled growing environments, utilising renewable energy to provide low carbon, semi-automated crop production. Plant Factory Cornwall will apply existing and new technology to facilitate the development of a new model of propagation and growing to develop new, higher quality options for the horticultural sector tailored to the consumer market.
Join the team at the launch to find out more about the project and how it aims to develop a new high-quality, low-carbon supply chain for the Agri-tech sector.
All are welcome but registration is essential via the above link. Please note that this event will now take place in Room 018 in the Rolle Building (page updated 10 August).
Programme (subject to change)
- 10:00 – 10:30 Arrival and coffee
- 10:30 – 10:35 Welcome/introductions (Professor Mick Fuller)
- 10:35 – 11:00 Plant Factory: an overview (Professor Mick Fuller)
- 11:00 – 11:15 SolaGrow: current activities and future aspects (SolaGrow)
- 11:15 – 12:00 LED developments for horticultural applications (OSRAM)
- 12:00 – 12:15 Introduction to IHS (Intelligent Group Solutions Ltd.)
- 12:15 – 13:30 Lunch and networking
- 13:30 – 14:00 Agri-Tech Cornwall: an overview (Robin Jackson)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Plants for research (Professor Jerry Roberts)
- 14:30 – 14:50 University of Jeddah and its perspective on international research cooperation (University of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
- 14:50 – 15:00 Signing agreement between the University of Jeddah and the University of Plymouth
- 15:00 – 16:30 Plant Factory tours and networking (coffee provided)
Email email@example.com for any queries.