The COAST (Coastal, Ocean and Sediment Transport) Laboratory at the University of Plymouth is a leading hydrodynamic testing facility. It is capable of generating short and long-crested waves in combination with currents at any relative direction, and can produce sediment dynamics, tidal effects and low level wind. Offering an exceptional setting, the COAST Lab is ideally suited to environmental modelling, coastal engineering and the scalable testing of marine technology.
This COAST Lab masterclass offers a valuable opportunity to:
- experience one of the UK’s leading marine testing facilities and explore ways to test, develop and de-risk a range of technologies used in the marine environment
- learn about the many benefits COAST Lab can offer to realise the potential of your products/services
- hear from speakers, including industry representatives working within the marine renewable energy sector, marine technology developers and leading academic experts addressing challenges across the marine environment
- learn what the Marine-i programme is and how it can help your business to forge new connections and engage with leading expertise to help take technologies to the next level
- discuss with us how Marine-i can help your business move forward
- understand how Marine-i and the COAST Lab could offer companies access to this state-of-the-art facility and its wide range of instrumentation throughout 2018/19.
Please register your free place via the above link.
This is the third in a series of Discovery Room events. These events are helping to define the key challenges facing the marine technology sector in Cornwall.
Marine-i is part funded up to £6.8 million from the England European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme 2014-20. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for ERDF.