The Marine-i Discovery Room: High Frequency (HF) Radar event will focus on the launch of the University of Plymouth’s web visualisation tool and highlight the capabilities of the integrated system of data collection and dissemination.
This web tool will allow users to access the historic and current data from the University’s HF radar station, through defining the geographical area and date range of interest.
- 09.00-09.30 - Registration and coffee
- 09.30-09.50 - Welcome and Marine-I programme overview
- 09.50-10.10 - Introduction
- 10.10-10.50 - The University of Plymouth HF Radar facility and capability
- 10.50-11.20 - Break and coffee
- 11.20-12.00 - The web visualisation portal
- 12.00-12.40 - Wider uses of HF Radar worldwide
- 12.40-13.40 - Lunch and networking
- 13.40-14.20 - Maritime situational awareness; how can HF radar be used to complement other systems?
- 14.20-15.00 - Breakout discussion groups and beta tool feedback
- 15.00-15.40 - Feedback from discussions
- 15.40-16.00 - Summary and close
Early booking is essential as numbers will be limited. Please book your place via the above link or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.