This symposium coincides with the launch of the second edition of Becoming a Successful Illustrator (Bloomsbury, 2017) by Derek Brazell and Jo Davies, Associate Professor of Illustration, University of Plymouth.
It will feature artists from the best-selling book, talking about their practise across a breadth of contexts, including children’s publishing, games design, comic books, concept art, editorial and printmaking formats.
There will be an opportunity to ask the illustrators questions during the event.
- This event will also be live streamed at: https://plymouth.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=e076b81c-ec59-4a87-bd4d-32d55610619f
- 13:00 - Introduction. Jo Davies, author and Ashley Potter, Programme Leader of BA (Hons) Illustration, University of Plymouth
- 13:05 - Viv Schwartz is a writer and illustrator of books, mostly for children. She is published internationally and her work can be seen in award- winning picture books, comics, craft books and interactive books. She also invents games.
- 13:45 - Tom Jay has a background in printmaking and a love of mid-century design. He is successful across many areas of illustration and works for top clients internationally.
- 14:30 - Badger Tracks is a Concept Artist and Designer who has worked on award winning games across PC, mobile and consoles, advertising and film.
- 15:30 - Panel Q&A
- 16:15 - Andrea D’Aquino is a New York based Illustrator and ex-art director. She has always resisted labels like art director, illustrator, graphic designer and finds herself happiest straddling the line between all those areas of practice.
- 17:00 Close
Contact Jo Davies (email@example.com) for further information.