These interactive workshops will focus on the leadership capacities required to drive a successful ‘purpose’-driven business. The sessions will allow participants to explore why ‘purpose’ beyond ‘profit’ maximisation is becoming such an important orientation for business and why old leadership styles need revisiting in this context. A model for addressing this will be presented with chance for participants to develop some of their personal capacities.
The Futures Entrepreneurship Centre invites business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, team leaders, individuals and students to join this Professional Development Course to:
- Develop and enhance their understanding of ‘purpose’-driven business and the purpose-led leadership style required to deliver it
- Discover models to help you think through how to lead with purpose
- Learn how to understand and develop an organisational purpose.
- 12:00 – 12:50 Registration and Lunch
- 12:50 – 13:00 Welcome
- 13:00 – 16:45 Talks and Sessions
- 16:45 – 17:00 Close
- 17:00 – 17:30 Networking
Speakers and sessions
The day will consist of five sessions which will involve all attendees. Dr Victoria Hurth, Sarah Rozenthuler and Alison Miles will cover some purpose organisational and leadership definitions and offer an overview of where we are in understanding how to implement ‘purpose’-driven in organisations and why leadership is the missing piece of the jigsaw. During the day, they will introduce the four core capacities of ‘purpose’-led leadership model and the importance of whole ‘self’ and whole system and the reasons why this represents a paradigm shift in practical and theoretical leadership. Throughout the afternoon participants will engage in interactive sessions and dialogues.
Please register your place via the University eStore.
- Delegate fee: £120
- University of Plymouth Formation Zone and Plymouth Social Enterprise Network members: £95
- University of Plymouth students: Limited spaces. A refundable deposit of £10 is required to book your space - this is then refunded to you after attending the event.
Email the Futures Entrepreneurship Centre for queries or for further information (email@example.com).