The Global Health Collaborative (GHC) based at the University of Plymouth and covering the whole South West are holding an international conference focusing on effective engagement of UK volunteers and partners in Global Health (GH) initiatives.
13:00-13:30 - Registration
13:30-15:15 - Welcome and keynotes
15:45-16:15 - Tea with poster viewing
16:15-17:15 - World cafe interactive tables - details to follow shortly
17:15-18:00 - Visiting partners' comments
18:00-18:45 - Drinks and networking
18:45-19:00 - Closing remarks including poster prizes and launch of photography competition
The conference will bring together a range of stakeholders from across the peninsula and other regions to:
- learn from innovative approaches for global citizenship, hearing first-hand about Wales’ future generation act and Health Education England’s Global Engagement Strategy
- hear from centres of excellence within the UK - speakers from Cambridge Global Health Partnerships and Kings College London Centre for Global Health will talk about their respective journeys in forming GH networks
- gain a unique opportunity to hear from some of our low and middle income countries partners visiting from Kenya, Uganda and Sierra Leone
- visit a marketplace that showcases local examples of ongoing GH work and opportunities for involvement and research
- explore the reciprocal benefits to the workforce and health system in the South West and future direction.
The day will focus on building sustainable and beneficial GH partnerships for reciprocal benefit.
Our GH vision is to focus on the coordination, quality and effectiveness, expansion, and formal evaluation, of all local GH activities (education, training, research and partnerships).
The aim of this event is to learn from different ‘models’ of GH ‘bodies’ (networks/ ecosystem/hub/institutes) based on experience and excellence across other UK regions. Key senior decision makers will be present including representatives of the NHS, local authority, public health and primary care.
A delegate meal on Plymouth’s waterfront will be arranged for those staying to enjoy Plymouth’s scenery and outdoor activities for the weekend.
Global Health poster competition
Run by Plymouth 'Students for Global Health' and 'Plymouth Wilderness and Expedition Medical Society'. Details to follow shortly.
This event is free to University of Plymouth staff and students but there is a small fee for external attendees. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.