Santander will be bringing their red box to Plymouth for a five-day festival of events aimed at helping local communities and businesses with ambition.
Taking place in the heart of the city, the festival will offer a great opportunity for delegates to gain insight, share experience and develop new contacts in a different, vibrant environment.
Monday 23 May
10:30-12:30 - Supercharge your marketing strategy
- Speakers Adam Ball (Talent Cupboard) and Paul Bushell (Sir Fix A Lock Ltd)
Tuesday 24 May
07:30-09:30 - The world awaits your business
- Speakers Mark Muncey (Proper Cornish Ltd) and Mauricio Mungula (Santander Latin America Director)
10:30-12:30 - Alternative financing solutions to support your business growth
- Speakers from PKF Francis Clark, Santander's Breakthrough team and RGB Ltd
14:00-16:00 - Taking the pain out of HR and employment law
- Speaker Ceri Davis (Peninsula)
Wednesday 25 May
08:00-10:00 - Helping Plymouth become a dementia-friendly city
- Speakers Lynne Hodgson (Age UK Plymouth), Claire Puckey (Plymouth's Dementia Friendly City Co-ordinator) and Jon Walton (Plymouth's City Centre Manager)
12:00-14:00 - Attracting and securing the brightest talent for your business
This session provides you with an overview on the opportunities and challenges that local businesses have in recruiting and keeping the best talent in the South West. Plymouth University plays a strong part in placing talent across business sectors, whatever the organisational size and specialist needs.
Come and find out from Remy Foucher how Plymouth’s University Careers and Employability Service can support your organisation and how we can help you:
- Access students for part-time jobs, year-long placement, internships and graduate positions
- Discover the range of careers events on campus and how to raise your profile on campus
- Find out about the Santander Internship programme and the grants available to you.
Thursday 26 May
10:00-12:00 - Trading in a digital world: using the latest payments and accounting technology
- Speakers from Elavon and Graham Roberts (Bromhead Chartered Accountants)
14:00-16:00 - Secure measurable business returns through an effective energy management strategy
- Speakers Duncan Banks (Independent Utilities), Liam Reed (Amer Biomass) and Jake Isles (Six Forward Ltd)
18:00-20:30 - Looking ahead: views on the South West economic temperature
- Speakers John Sparkes (Bishop Fleming), George Cowcher (Devon Chamber of Commerce) and Adrian Dawson (GAIN, Plymouth University)
Concluding the evening, Adrian will focus on the Plymouth and surrounding area's economic story. This session is ideal for professionals, small business owners and local entrepreneurs, providing an opportunity to reflect on those economic influences that come into play this year.
Friday 27 May
08:00-10:00 - Business fraud: risk management and prevention strategies
- Speakers Jonathan Williams (Experian), DI Gavin Webb (South West Regional Crime Unit) and Catriona Yule (Chubb Insurance)
11:00-12:30 - Microsoft masterclass: maximising technology for business growth
Places are limited for each session.
Visit Santander's Breakthrough Moments - Plymouth webpage for further information about each session and to register your place.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for queries about this or any other Santander events.