This is a joint event hosted by PedRIO and the Arts Institute.
Led by Professor James Daybell (Arts Institute) and Professor Debby Cotton (PedRIO), this is an opportunity for staff from across the University to come together to discuss their experiences with, or interest in, using social media to promote research outputs and develop networks.
The content of the session will be flexible and dependent upon participants’ specific interests, but potential issues on the table include:
- building a following on social media
- developing an identity or brand
- engaging in debate respectfully
- generating content and sharing across different platforms
- measuring engagement and impact of social media.
The session will also consider issues to be aware of when using social media, including reputational risks and data protection.