This conference is aimed primarily at staff (academic and professional services) in the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences (FHSS) and Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (PU PSMD).
A few students from each course will also be invited to represent the student voice.
The programme comprises guest speakers (national and local), workshops and stands to include topics such as:
- Disability Services
- Personal Tutoring
- Occupational Health
- Drug and Alcohol Service
- Fitness to Practise
- Learning Development
- Mental Health Support
- Supporting Students with Special Needs
- Resilience and Mindfulness
- Schwartz Rounds
- Students' Union Support and Advice Centre
- Peer assisted learning scheme (PALS).
The aim is to enhance student support through increasing staff awareness of facilities in FHHS, PU PSMD and the wider University and engaging in inter-professional discussion.
- To highlight key facilities for student support in the University/faculties
- To take advantage of the inter-professional opportunities to share and learn from each other across PU PSMD and FHHS
- To discuss specific issues which arise and to promote good practice in their management
- To seek to streamline support and inter-professional opportunities for students across the faculties where appropriate.
Please register your place via the above link.