Do you have an idea for a new product, service or experience that you’re looking to take to the next level? Do you want to learn how to start a business? Plymouth Startup Weekend is back! Led by the University of Plymouth and part of the Techstars Startup Weekend movement, it is the place to meet like-minded, entrepreneurial individuals and be immersed in a weekend of creativity and collaboration.
What do you need to bring? Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams. Then, in teams, you’ll work together on a business idea, design a prototype that fits the need of your target audience, deliver a pitch, receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs and likely change your approach entirely. Your idea can span social, environmental, financial, environmental or other issues but it must be something you have not worked on previously.
It’s all about the team. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams and work with people with diverse skill sets.
Plymouth Startup Weekend is a full, weekend long experience – 54 hours to be exact. Your ticket includes:
- seven full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- benefits and discounts from our global partners
- one-on-one time with amazing coaches and mentors
- a new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world
- all the internet and coffee you can consume.
- Day 1: Meet, pitch and team up
- Day 2: Learn from mentors and get to work
- Day 3: Present to the judges
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement. No talk, all action!