The British Psychological Society (South West branch) are running an event on the Psychology of Women and Equalities Section (POWES).
POWES works with the BPS to highlight gender and equality issues within academic and applied psychology.
- 18:00 - Arrival and refreshments
- 18:15 - Welcome (Louise Langman and Glen Jankowski)
- 18:20 - "UK gender politics - where are we now?" (Ellie Lloyd, University of Plymouth)
- 19:00 - Facilitated discussion
- 19:30 - Networking and end
Ellie Lloyd is a psychology lecturer at the University of Plymouth with interests including cultural and critical psychology. She is involved in the Person-Centred Coordinated Care (P3C) collaborative. A qualitative researcher with grounding in medical anthropology and a passion for action research, Ellie has explored notions of how ethnicity, self and community identity influence behaviours.
This event is free to attend but registration is essential via the BPS event page.