This free event features presentations and discussion on research funding and support from Roger Blake, Academic Liaison Manager at the Wellcome Trust, and the University’s research support team, covering RCUK, NIHR, Horizon 2020 and other major health and medical research funders.
This event is aimed at University and hospital staff and postgraduate research students, particularly early career researchers and clinicians, interested in careers in or development of their health/medicine related research and will provide a good opportunity for networking.
- 14:00 - Introduction to health/medical research at Plymouth University (Professor Jerry Roberts (Deputy Vice-Chancellor - Research) and Professor Robert Sneyd (PUPSMD Dean)
- 14:15 - Wellcome Trust presentation on research funding and support, focus on clinical/non-clinical Fellowships (Roger Blake, Academic Liaison Manager, Wellcome Trust)
- 15:15 - Overview of funders providing medical/health funding in the UK (MRC, charities etc) with particular focus on Fellowships (Research & Innovation Specialist Adviser team, Plymouth University)
- 15:35 - Overview of NIHR fellowships/research funding and the Research Design Service (Andy Barton, Consultant, Research Design Service South West)
- 15:55 - Summary/conclusions
- 16:00 - Refreshments/networking in JBB Café
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this event.