The Business Doctoral Conference is an annual event organised by the Faculty of Business which showcases the diversity of research in business and social sciences currently being undertaken by postgraduate students from Plymouth and other universities. It is held over two days each June.
The main aim of the conference is to enable researchers to realise their ambitions and develop their potential by presenting, attending and networking with colleagues in different fields.
The conference welcomes papers covering business and management in its broadest definition. The areas include, but are not restricted to:
- politics, economics, and social and public policy
- accounting and finance, law, and governance
- supply chain management, maritime logistics
- small business and enterprise, service marketing and management, tourism
- human resources, leadership studies, sustainability.
Postgraduate students benefit from:
- experience of presenting to a critical but friendly audience
- feedback from a range of experts
- networking opportunities which include journal editors and publishers
- inspiring keynotes from leading practitioners and academics
- publication of conference proceedings.